The staff of the Student Health Centre would like to welcome you to their web page. The Student Health Centre is located in C Block, Level M, Main Building. The staff of the Student Health Centre are as follows:
Dr Niall Cahill, Medical Director
Dr Sheila Fitzgerald
Dr Paula Gaire
Dr Eimear Flynn
Dr Henry O'Connell, Consultant Psychiatrist
Ann Marie Sexton
Ria Toland, Senior Administrator
Telephone: +353 61 202534
Fax: +353 61 234292
Email : Ria.Toland@ul.ie
Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University of Limerick introduced a schedule of charges for the provision of nurse, doctor, physiotherapy and related services to students in September 2012. Full details of these charges are displayed on internal UL Notice Boards.
A summary of the charges are listed in the table below:-
* Students must have a consultation with one of the doctors (€25) at the Student Health Centre before blood tests (€10) can be performed.
NB! A €5 fee will apply for students who do not attend their appointment and who do not give advance notification to the Student Health Centre that they will not be able to attend.
- Payment must be made by either cash, debit or credit card.
- Payment must be made prior to actual consultation at SHC Reception. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.
- Visiting students i.e. incoming EU students (domicile or home address not in Ireland) will pay for medical services. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) covers emergency and accident cover around travel purposes only.
- Medical card holders will pay for medical services. Students with medical cards are advised to visit their own or local GP provider if they do not wish to incur the costs of the services provided at the Student Health Centre.
Please note that all University of Limerick students were and are still required to register with a local GP provider. The Student Health Centre is not a GP service (nor does it have a GMS scheme).