UL is now a member of Vitae, the international programme dedicated to world-class professional and career development of researchers.
Vitae membership provides benefits to both staff and students through intelligence and briefings, influencing relevant policy, access to research projects and resources available for free use by members, and joining expert networks through the online Vitae Community.
All staff supporting researchers, including careers advisors, research managers, PIs and academic supervisors, and anyone else with an interest in research policy and development should create an account on the Vitae website to take full advantage of the membership benefits.
Some of the expert website content for your own professional use or to utilise with researchers includes:
* Career destinations and professional development
* Advice for supervising doctoral students
* Advice for completing a doctorate
* Resources for equality and diversity in research careers
* Leadership development for principal investigators
* Research staff resources for staying in and moving out of academia
* Example CVs
* Managing a research career
* Online hangouts such as "How to start a business after your PhD", and "How to develop your profile in and out of academia"
* Access to the UK 3MT (Three Minute Thesis) final
* Career destinations and career stories of doctoral graduates
* Professional development tools, including the Researcher Development Framework (RDF)
* Researcher booklets
* And much more!
Register using your UL email address for full access to the website. Tick "I would like to receive Vitae updates and information" to receive news relevant to researchers.