Fines are charged on overdue material. You will normally receive a notification, as a courtesy, that your library materials are due for renewal or return. Please remember to return library material on time or renew your items to avoid paying fines.
If you do incur a fine, you can pay it:
- Online using a credit or laser card - for any fines over €5.00 (you must pay your fine in full if you choose the online option)
- In cash at all the self-check machines. In addition to cash, payment can be made with credit/debit card at the self-check machine in the Short Loan area only.
The following are the fines in the Library
(which take effect once an item's due back date has expired)
Short Loans (3 hours + 1 day)
1 euro per hour of part of
3 Day Loans
|2 euro per day|
|General Lending & 7 Day Loans
||50c per day|
General Lending items on loan may be renewed if not required by another reader.
Shorter Loan items may not be renewed.
Renewals can be made:
- by returning the item at the self-check machines and choosing the 'Renew' option
- by logging into the "My Account" tab on the Library Catalogue and selecting renew this book
- in person by bringing the item with your ID Card to the Information Desk
- by telephone to (061) 202166