When You Arrive
The ceremonies are held in the University Concert Hall in the Foundation Building. Please be seated in the Concert Hall half an hour before the commencement of whichever ceremony you are attending.
Click here for a map of the campus, which includes car parks. You enter the Foundation Building by the East entrance, across the courtyard from UL's Main Reception. Be sure to carry your own invitation with you.
The Foundation Building has international-standard access facilities for people with disabilities. Additional facilities for guests include wheelchair positions and companion seats in the Concert Hall auditorium.
Please complete and submit this online special seating requirement form and return your original tickets to the Ceremonies Office, Room S2-01b Schuman Building, University of Limerick in advance of the ceremonies so that we can provide you with the services you need. Replacement tickets will be left for you to collect at the Information/Ticket Desk located in the Main Reception area in UL on the day of the conferring.
Guests should wear smart/formal dress, suitable for the occasion. Men should wear a suit or jacket and tie. Women should wear a smart dress or suit (skirt and jacket or trouser suit).
Points to be observed on the day:
- Each ticket admits one adult guest. Children under 14 years will not be admitted.
- You are expected to be in your seats 30 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony. If you have not occupied your seat at this time, it will be reallocated.
- You are requested not to leave your seat during the ceremony.
- Please applaud each graduand as they receive their parchments. You may take photographs or film during the ceremony but only from your seat.
- Should you arrive after the ceremony has commenced, you will be seated in the Viewing Room.
- Please ensure that your mobile phone is switched off during the ceremony.
- At the end of the ceremony, you are kindly requested not to leave the auditorium until the academic procession has exited.
Order of Ceremony
- Academic Procession
- Governing Authority
- Academic Council
- President convenes Meeting of the University for conferring academic awards
- Chancellor's welcome address
- Dean presents graduands from the Faculty
- Vice President Academic & Registrar calls graduands to receive their awards
- President confers awards
- President confers special awards
- President's conferring address
- Academic Procession and new graduates retire
Tea, coffee and canapés will be served in the Foundation Building Atrium immediately after each conferring ceremony.
Snack services will be available throughout the day at the following venues:
||Main Building, Block E, Level M|
||Main Building, Block B, Level 1|
||Foundation Building, Atrium Level|
|The Paddocks Restaurant
||Kemmy Business School|
|Right Track Café
||Sports Building, Level 1|
|University Arena Sports Club
||Health Sciences Building|
||Irish World Music Academy Building|